Many store purchased iced teas are loaded with sugar, artificial colours and so-called “natural” flavours – often making them no healthier for you than soft drinks.
Avoid all those nasties and extra expense by brewing your own refreshingly delicious and natural iced teas at home.
It’s as simple and brew, chill and sip. Get creative with a slice of citrus, or a twig of herbs to spice up your blends.
This Ginger Zing Iced Tea is one of our favourite recipes.
- 4 cups of ZEST tea brewed as per instructions
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 knob of peeled ginger approx. 5 cm
- 2 cups of soda water
- Honey to taste
- Brew and prepare tea to instructions
- Add honey and ginger and chill in the fridge until icy cold.
- Once cooled, remove the ginger, add soda water, lemon juice and lots of crushed ice.
- Add a lemon slice for garnish.
- Add more honey if desired.
This recipe is both pregnancy and breastfeeding safe.
Did you make this? Or do you have your own take on the recipe? Let us know in the comments below!