Mothers all over the world are drinking breastfeeding teas for their valuable benefits of increasing milk supply and nourishing mother and baby.
Herbal breastfeeding teas are a wonderful way for mothers to sit down and relax while hydrating and replenishing themselves.
If you’ve been wondering what ingredients to look for in a herbal tea we’ve gathered some of the must-haves next time you are sitting down and enjoying a little time out.
Not all herbal breastfeeding tea ingredients are created equal
Not all the breastfeeding teas are made up of the exact same ingredients and it is important to do a little research to ensure you are putting the best ingredients in your body and the recipe for your tea is right for you.
New mums should focus on ensuring their teas include organic and natural ingredients free from any additives. We have put together five great breastfeeding teas ingredients that new mums will love and benefit from.
- Caraway – this calming, soothing herb helps to ease flatulent dyspepsia (wind) and colic. It will also help to stimulate a mother’s appetite when loss of appetite occurs and can help relieve period pains. Caraway is a great ingredient in herbal breastfeeding tea because it increases milk flow.
- Nettle – A powerful tonic herb that has been proven to strengthen and support the entire body. Tea recipes that include nettle are great for breastfeeding mums.
- Aniseed – Has a calming and antispasmodic effect on a mother and child’s stomach. Together with caraway, aniseed can help soothe and nourish.
- Fennel – A calming and soothing herb that can help relieve an unsettled tummy. Used in conjunction with the ingredients baby’s tummy will settle should your bub experience colic.
- Vervain – This herbal tonic strengthens the whole nervous system while relaxing tension which is just what a new mum needs. Vervain supports recovery from depression, nervous exhaustion and stress and also helps with the digestive system.
About Mother’s Love Tea
Made with love for breastfeeding mothers and packed with all of these organic ingredients, Mother’s Love is handcrafted and blended in Byron Bay.
This unique and popular breastfeeding tea blend works to boost supply while supporting, strengthening and nourishing a new mum.
If you’re looking for recipes and essential ingredients to enhance breastfeeding and fight the effects of colic on your baby naturally or you wish to share with our community we welcome you to get in touch.